Cris and I just finished binge-watching MAID on Netflix. It’s a show based on the book by Stephanie Land. MAID follows one woman’s story of leaving an abusive relationship.
In today’s episode, Cris joins me as we open a dialogue about abuse. We talk about our experiences of abuse as children and how we’re healing together.
How do you make that first step to seek help if you’re in an abusive relationship?
How do you heal as a married couple from past abuse and trauma?
Join us as we scratch the surface on these issues.
What You’ll Get From This Episode:
- Why asking for help is so hard.
- How childhood trauma affects your marriage.
- Healing from the past is a journey that you can embark on together
- If you’re in an abusive relationship, asking for help is step one.
Mentioned On The Show:
- Domestic Abuse Hotline: 1−800−799−SAFE(7233)
- If you’d like to ask questions or tell me what you think, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go here to watch a free class and get on my newsletters. https://www.rachaelcunningham.com/
- Book a free consultation with me HERE.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcast, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave Joyful Love a review in Apple Podcasts (Click the “Listen In Apple Podcast” button to leave a review!)