What is the difference between people-pleasing and unconditional love? People-pleasing is a way of trying to manipulate other people’s emotions.
We all people-please. We think it’s our job to give so that others will feel good. But no matter how much we try to be all things to all people … we can never actually control other people’s feelings. And it’s not our job to even try!
If you want to give to others from authentic kindness and not just people-pleasing, you need to start including yourself in that kindness.
Listen to this week’s episode and learn 3 questions to stop people-pleasing in it’s tracks! Learn simple shifts to ensure that your kindness includes yourself in your decisions.
If you want help implementing the tools I teach, I would be honored to be your life coach. Working with a coach helps you to create change quicker, easier, and with more fun along the way! Are you ready to create a more Joyful Love in your own Life and Marriage? Then click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- How people-pleasing is basically lying
- Why you should include yourself first in your decisions.
- How it’s not your job to protect other people’s feelings.
- Why people-pleasing causes resentment and ultimately a disconnected marriage.
- Three questions and one shift to stop people-pleasing and choose authentic kindness instead.
Mentioned On The Show:
If you’d like to ask questions or tell me what you think, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go here to watch a free class and receive my weekly newsletters. https://www.rachaelcunningham.com/
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcast, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave Joyful Love a review in Apple Podcasts (Click the “Listen In Apple Podcast” button to leave a review!)