The religious beliefs I was taught as a kid were masked with love and grace. But I didn’t have to dig too deep to feel the underlying message of “You’re really not good enough unless you live up to the ideal image of a perfect wife and mother.”
Even when you leave religion out of the picture, as a culture we judge and criticize our fellow humans and ourselves way more readily than we see our worth exactly as we are.
And we worry that if we start loving ourselves too much … we might just give up on everything. We might stop being kind to others. And we might choose to take bubble baths all day and eat oreos on the couch and forget about the goals we need to accomplish!
It’s time to smash those beliefs right now. Join me in this episode to learn how to flip the idea of earning our worth on it’s head!
If you want help implementing the tools I teach, I would be honored to be your life coach. Working with a coach helps you to create change quicker, easier, and with more fun along the way! Are you ready to create a more Joyful Love in your own Life and Marriage? Then click here to find out more.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- How guilt and shame is holding you back from pure joy.
- How to let go of perfectionism so you WANT to have intimacy again.
- The key to accomplishing your goals is seeing how worthy you are now.
- If you are worthy of love, exactly as you are … Is your partner worthy too?
- Don’t wait for others to see your worth. Only one person needs to see your worthiness of love … that person is in the mirror.
Mentioned On The Show:
- Brene Brown’s Book, The Gifts of Imperfection https://brenebrown.com/thegifts-hub/
- Mel Robin’s High Five Tip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TNS6ekLk3Y
If you’d like to ask questions or tell me what you think, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go here to watch a free class and receive my weekly newsletters. https://www.rachaelcunningham.com/
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcast, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave Joyful Love a review in Apple Podcasts (Click the “Listen In Apple Podcast” button to leave a review!)